Friday 20 July 2012

Lesson 4

MULTIPLICATION

I used to dislike multiplication. Still remember the times when my knuckles were red due to my inability to memorize those multiplication tables. But hey, look here, it seems not to be my fault but rather the lack of proper delivering on the concept of multiplication to me.


Multiplication are SIMPLY repeated addition. When you know 2 x 5, you can simply add on another 5 to make 3 x 5, or another 10 to make 4 x 5.
It also involves number bonds. For example, 10 x 5, can be 4 x 5 and 6 x 5. Isn't it easy now? You don't have to worry that you will forget the tables.


That's not the only takings from last night lecture, I was pretty shock to find out that 'A SQUARE IS A RECTANGLE, A RECTANGLE IS NOT A SQUARE'. I am still in shock because I have been planting the wrong thoughts into our little ones
.

No comments:

Post a Comment